Responsible for supervising the OR Inspection and Sterile Processing Departments in accordance with all required regulatory/quality procedures.
- Perform job tasks in accordance with written Procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the quality assurance and grading standards established by the company to meet internal regulatory guidelines and external member hospitals.
- Complete and maintain accurate records.
- Responsible for communications and interactions between the OR Inspection and Pack Making Departments. Resolve problems, issues, complaints, shortages, etc.
- Identify and document issues associated with the grading and rag out standards. Track and follow-up on issues raised and/or identified by the OR. Document all problems, issues, shortages, etc. as well as the resolution. Take ownership of issues identified, facilitate the resolution and communicate the results back to the Plant Manager.
- Perform periodic Quality System audits, and generate audit reports. Conduct follow-up to audits to ensure observations are properly addressed.
- Conduct training as required. Ensure the needs of the customer are clearly understood. Maintain appropriate training and performance records for all employees.
Demonstrate ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously (multitask) and move them all towards resolution.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with the OR Personnel. Be able to actively interact with OR staff and be able to understand and articulate problems, issues and resolutions.
- Present a positive, motivated, pleasant, can do attitude at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for direct supervision, development and evaluation of 20 employees.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal work conditions and temperatures in a “clean” air conditioned environment.
- Minimum of 2 years SPD experience in a supervisory position preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Healthcare or Science related field, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred. Associates degree plus 2 years direct SPD management experience or 5+ years SPD management experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. High School diploma or GED required.
Job Type: Full-time