Quality Healthcare Linen Service In Madison Wisconsin
We Are Able To Offer A Number Of Linen And Laundry Services At Our World Class Facility.
Madison United Healthcare Linen, Ltd., (MUHL pronounced “mule”) provides laundry and linen services to its member hospitals on a non-profit basis. A single linen fee covers all of the following:
- Pick-up and delivery of linen on a scheduled basis.
- Sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding, bundling, and tying of all linen items, including hospital specials.
- Packing of orders according to hospital standard order levels.
- Inspection of surgical linen for holes, stains, and wear – problem items are rejected for repair, rewash, or ragout.
- Linen replacement of all ragged-out and lost items.
- Additions to circulating linen inventory to provide for member growth.
- Mending and repair of all standard general care linen and surgical linen.
In addition to the above mentioned services, MUHL also provides for the following at a separate rate:
Press-work and/or special handling. Items such as lab coats, table linen, etc., will be inspected, washed, pressed, packaged, and returned to the member. Dry folded items are available at the base price.
Member specials. While MUHL’s standard linen line supplies 99% of most members’ needs, specialty items can be purchased by the member and processed and returned by the laundry. Surgical Packs ready for the autoclave or sterilized at MUHL can be provided. A variety of operating room and other packs are available.
Additional benefits provided by MUHL to meet its members’ needs:
- Linen Supply.
- Muhl provides over eighty-five different items, many in several sizes covering a broad range of applications including general patient care, dietary, housekeeping, surgical downing and draping, nursery and pediatric, and incontinence products. MUHL also provides mending and replacement of all its standard linen items.
- Inventory Ownership Options.
- Upon entry to the system a new member must have sufficient linen to meet a twelve day supply of patient care linen and a fifteen day supply of surgical linen. Depending on the type of membership desired and the needs of the member, MUHL provide a variety of options regarding linen inventory. Those options range from not owning any linen to a full share of the circulating inventory.
- Quality Standards for Healthcare.
- Staff from participating members provide input into the quality standards which are reviewed and approved by the MUHL Board of Directors. Management then provide the proper supervision to maintain those standards at the lowest possible cost.
- Infection Control.
- Policies and procedure used at MUHL were developed in accordance with and reviewed by member hospitals infection control committees. Proper supervision assures their implementation. Inspection and testing, by an outside bacteriological service, provides on-going review and assessment. MUHL is also accredited by the Healthcare Linen Accreditation Council.
- Prompt Delivery.
- The maintenance of our own truck fleet and the availability of adequate linen supplies assures prompt pick-up and delivery under all but the worst weather conditions. Delivery schedules are adapted to individual hospital requirements.
- Laundry Management.
- MUHL is able to recruit and train highly qualified management and supervisory personnel. It has a proven record of cost containment in all phases of its operation. MUHL’s charges are well below consumer price index standard for its period of operation. It has one of the best productivity rates and one of the lowest linen replacement costs of any central laundry service in North America according to the International Association for Hospital Textile Management. MUHL is able to quickly adapt to change in the industry and to maintain low cost, quality service.